(((re-post from 11/23/13)))time for my first 12" post here, and it's gonna be a little long. hands down, one of my favourites collections of songs ever out on vinyl. this fantastic powerpop comp was released by sing sing in 2010. sold out pretty fast, and you can see why. this comp collects songs from some rip off label 7"s, as well as some unreleased stuff. ireland's rip off records was formed in 1978, and lasted two years. they issued only thirteen 7"s and two comp records, and those records are pretty pricey, if you can even find them at all. the bands on the label were much older then others, and you really can tell in the musicianship, and the fact that most of the songs are about women. sing sing really went for it and got the founder of the label to unleash some unreleased songs, and those songs kill just as much as the others. completely essential powerpop, you need if you don't have.
first band up is the zipps, their tune is my second favourite, and a great one to start with. next is lenny and the lawbreakers. two tracks by them, suzy 'd' being the great one. the other one they supply is my least favourite of the record, it's a cover track and it's just not that good. next up are minor classics with two killer unreleased tracks, catchy as hell. next is pretty boy floyd and the gems, with a kind of weird tune, steams like a much different style then the rest, but it's good. next is tinopeners with two unreleased tracks as well, both killers. next is the faders with an unreleased track, good stuff. next is no sweat, which are easily the best band on here. their track is so damn amazing, one of my favourites of all time. next is clive culbertson, who was the lead in no sweat. so you know this track is fantastic too. lastly is cramp, with one of the catchiest songs here, just flawless.
01. the zipps-friends (super catchy.)
02. lenny and the lawbreakers-suzy 'd' (nice.)
03. minor classics-you'll never find love (love the vocals.)
04. pretty boy floyd and the gems-sharon (weird but good.)
05. tinopeners-i want you (so great.)
06. the faders-in it for the kicks (love it.)
07. minor classics-i don't like girls (vocals again.)
08. no sweat-start all over again (just flawless.)
10. clive culbertson-time to kill (classic.)
11. cramp-she doesn't love me (should be a classic.)
12. tinopeners-i don't wanna be (great ender.)
it's actually not that easy to track down these days. it sold-out a long time ago.